The importance of ACLS certification can’t be overstated. Our lives and the lives of those we care about may depend on it. The American Heart Association’s Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who provide emergency treatment to victims of sudden cardiac arrest or stopped breathing, as well as other life-threatening emergencies. This certification consists of a two-day class followed by an online test and hands-on skills practice, which must be completed within one year. Now more than ever, it’s important to know that you’re ready with lifesaving knowledge and skills in case tragedy strikes our family or community.
1. What is Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
The Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who provide emergency treatment to victims of sudden cardiac arrest or stopped breathing, as well as other life-threatening emergencies. This certification consists of a two-day class followed by an online test that you can take at https://www.acls-pals-bls.com/, and hands-on skills practice, which must be completed within one year. Now more than ever, it’s important to know that you’re ready with lifesaving knowledge and skills in case tragedy strikes your family or community.
2. Why Is ACLS Certification So Important
There are many reasons why obtaining the ACLS certification is so important. The first reason is that it provides you with the knowledge and hands-on skills to help people who are suffering from cardiac arrest or other life-threatening emergencies. The American Heart Association has compiled a comprehensive two-day course that doctors, nurses, paramedics, EMTs, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, dentists/oral surgeons, medical students, and many others have come to rely on. The course provides a minimum of 32 hours of instruction, including both didactic and skills practice sessions, which is the national standard for advanced cardiac training in many healthcare professions.
Additionally, obtaining this certification means you’ll be ready to respond quickly during an emergency utilizing appropriate treatment guidelines that have been thoroughly reviewed by experts from multiple medical disciplines and organizations, such as the American College of Emergency Physicians, the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation and the European Resuscitation Council.
3. Steps To Become an ACLS Certified Healthcare Professional
There are many steps you need to take in order to become an ACLS Certified Healthcare Professional:
- Attend a course that meets The American Heart Association’s guidelines for curriculum and teacher requirements. This course should be two days in length, which is the national standard for advanced cardiac training in many healthcare professions. The entire course will cover both didactic information as well as provide hands-on skills practice sessions.
- After the initial course, you’ll receive an informational tutorial describing how to take your online test. The online test must be completed within one year of the course’s completion.
- After you’ve passed your online exam, you can sign up for hands-on skills practice sessions at an AHA Training Center that provides ACLS skills training (This is not included in your class fee). With these steps complete, you’re well on your way to becoming an ACLS certified healthcare professional with the knowledge and hands-on skills to help people in need.
4. Why It Is Important To Keep Your Certification Up-To-Date
The American Heart Association updates its guidelines for resuscitation periodically, which means you may be required to participate in a re-certification course every two years or so to ensure your knowledge is up-to-date with the latest guidelines. As a certified healthcare professional, keeping your certification up-to-date will not only help others if needed but also gives you peace of mind that you’re ready for anything.
5. What Are The Job Prospects For Someone Holding ACLS Certification?
No matter what career you plan on pursuing, chances are there are plenty of available jobs waiting for you with your newfound ACLS certification! Whether you’re looking to work in an emergency room, on a cruise ship, or even overseas, your new certifications give employers confidence that you’re ready to provide life-saving treatment when needed. If you want a high-paying job with a certification that will set you apart from other applicants, consider a career in healthcare.
The ACLS certification is a valuable tool in any healthcare professional’s arsenal. It not only provides the knowledge and skills to save lives, but it also gives you peace of mind that you’re ready for anything. The American Heart Association updates its guidelines periodically so make sure to keep your certifications up-to-date with these changes or risk losing them entirely! With tens of thousands of job openings waiting for people who have this certification, there are plenty of opportunities available no matter what career path you choose. If saving lives sounds like an ideal profession, consider getting your ACLS Certification today!
This blog is worth reading, just like what I saw from http://www.healthforcetrainingcenter.com. It’s full of helpful information. thanks for sharing!