We have all heard about the Great Wall and Chinese food is well known worldwide, but there are lots of things that people ignore about this Asian country. China is the world’s most populous country, with a population of over 1.35 billion, and it’s the world’s second-largest country by land area. But besides the general data China has lots of particularities and curiosities. Here are some interesting (and funny) facts that you probably didn’t know about China. Check out our list!
1. Fortune cookies are not a traditional Chinese custom. They were invented in early 1900 in San Francisco.
3. Reincarnation is forbidden in China without government permission.
4. Facebook, Twitter and The New York Times have been blocked in China since 2009.
5. The sunrise in parts of China can be as late as 10 AM because the country joined its five time zones into a single one.
6. The PlayStation is illegal in China.
7. A new skyscraper is build in China every five days.
8. The word ‘censorship’ is censored in China.
9. China has treatment camps for internet addicts.
10. Smartphone addicts have been given their own walking lane so as not to bump into normal walking pedestrians.
Did you know any of those things? The case of China is very interesting and there are lots of people who are passionate about their culture and traditions. Are you one of them? Would you like to learn more about the East Asian countries? Fill the form below and join our online informative session about the MSc in East Asian Business at the University of Sheffield! [wufoo username=”web2present” formhash=”p1irheq20l51cp9″ autoresize=”true” height=”483″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]