The instability that has characterized the last decade has increased the demand for qualified professionals who are able to understand and analyze global risk in its many forms. Technology, politics, the environment, regulation, immigration, pandemics, and religious extremism are all areas where the theoretical frameworks of risk and uncertainty provide key insights and drive decision-making in both the public and private sectors.
To meet the growing demands of candidates seeking to advance their understanding of global risk and the management of uncertainty, Johns Hopkins SAIS has launched a new master’s degree program, which is unique in Europe. The Master of Arts in Global Risk (MGR) is a 13-month, cohort-based program at the SAIS Europe campus in Bologna, Italy. The MGR builds on the school’s strengths in multi-disciplinary analysis by introducing students to a broad array of concepts and tools that are necessary to undertake sophisticated political and economic risk analysis.
The Master of Arts in Global Risk is guided by a conceptual framework that focuses on the following key elements:
- Understanding the methodological problems associated with the analysis of risk and uncertainty;
- Examining the major sources of risk that characterize global, international, and domestic affairs;
- Analyzing the different theoretical approaches to managing risk in economic decision-making;
- Gaining in-depth insight into the major sources of risk that develop in the realm of elections, political parties, policies, and social movements at the national and sub-national levels;
- Developing specific expertise in a particular market, international organization, country, or region of the world.
The Master of Arts in Global Risk graduates are prepared for a variety of roles in the public, private, and non-profit sectors such as:
- Consultancies (political risk, environmental, public health, city planning, public affairs);
- The energy sector (political affairs, upstream/downstream, exploration);
- International organizations (e.g., European Commission, UN, World Bank, OSCE, NATO);
- Government (foreign service, military and intelligence, emergency management);
- The financial sector (financial services, asset management, rating agencies, banking and insurance).
Would you like to learn more about the Master of Arts in Global Risk at Johns Hopkins University – SAIS Europe in Bologna, Italy? Join our online informative session on the 27th of October and ask all your questions directly to the university staff! Register for free by filling the form bellow:[wufoo username=”web2present” formhash=”z1wwgx6q18670r0″ autoresize=”true” height=”621″ header=”show” ssl=”true”]