Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way! it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! right? Well, at least to me, Christmas is the happiest time of the year! lots of gifts, lots of hugs, lots of smiles and also lots of food! Who can complain during this wonderful time of the year?
Like everything in this world, Christmas also has interesting facts that everyone should know & you’re not the exception. Do you know who introduced the first Christmas tree? Do you know what famous Christmas song was written when a choir’s organ broke down? If you can’t wait to know more about this magnificent time of the year, read down below these 10 interesting facts about Christmas!
- According to data analyzed from Facebook posts, two weeks before Christmas is one of the two most popular times for couples to break up. However, Christmas Day is the least favorite day for breakups.
2. Norwegian scientists have hypothesized that Rudolph’s red nose is probably the result of a parasitic infection of his respiratory system.
3. The traditional three colors of Christmas are green, red, and gold. Green has long been a symbol of life and rebirth; red symbolizes the blood of Christ, and gold represents light as well as wealth and royalty.
4. The song “Jingle Bells” Is thought to have been written for a thanksgiving Sunday School Program.
5. The Christmas tree was first introduced by Queen Victoria in 1846.
6. The word Christmas is Old English and comes from the terms Christ’s Mass.
7. The world’s largest and biggest Christmas present is the Statue of Liberty. France gave the United States the Statue of Liberty in 1886.
8. “Silent Night” was written when a choir’s organ broke down.
9. Sales during the holiday season may comprise 25-40% of a retailer’s annual sales.
10. The first artificial Christmas Tree wasn’t a tree at all. It was created out of goose feathers that were dyed.