Germany is known as the country of beer, sausages, and Oktoberfest!
It’s an interesting country no doubt. With so much going on there it surely calls for an interesting facts post. Germany is also recognized as one of the favorite study abroad destinations in Europe.
This is a list about some interesting German Fun Facts. Some of these German Fun Facts might sound weird or may surprise you, but we swear it is the truth and nothing but the truth. So here’s 10 fun facts about Germany!
1. Germans are the second largest beer consumers in the world, after the Irish (of course).
2. There are 35 dialects of the German language.
3. Gummy bears were invented by a German.
4. The balcony of the hotel Michael Jackson dangled his son over is in Berlin.
5. The first printed book was in German
6. Most taxis in Germany are Mercedes-Benz!
7. There are over 1,000 kinds of sausages in Germany.
8. The longest word published in the German language. is Donaudampfschifffahrtselektrizitätenhauptbetriebswerkbauunterbeamtengesellschaft (79 letters).
9. The first Oktoberfest was a wedding celebration for Prince Ludwig of Bavaria.
10. The Christmas tree (Tannenbaum) tradition came from Germany.
+1 Bonus fun-fact: if you want to experience all (well most..) of the above then you consider to study in Bayreuth! For example at Bayreuth University, which offers great new programs such as Graduate with a Master´s Degree in “Battery Materials and Technology”
or The new international master’s program Environment, Climate Change and Health in Bayreuth
Check out their free Online Open Day and inform yourself on this unique opportunity!