Your Foundation Year in Italy: build your future and learn Italian at the University of Pavia – 2023/2024
The Foundation Year is a preparatory course, taught in Italian designed for:
– students who do not meet the minimum 12 years of schooling required for enrollment in an Italian University Degree course;
– students who want to access undergraduate degrees at the University of Pavia;
– students interested in learning Italian or improving their Italian language skills.
The course includes both Italian language classes and preparatory courses from one of the following study areas: (1) Humanities; (2) Science and Medicine; (3) Social sciences.
For the academic year 2023-2024, students will attend all courses, both Italian and Area Studies courses in person in Pavia from October 2023 until June 2024.
Students who pass the Foundation year final exams will:
- meet the minimum entry requirements for undergraduate study.
- be exempted from the Italian Proficiency University admission test
Please note that students applying to degrees with limited enrollment must still take the admission test.
You Will Learn
1. The benefits of attending the Foundation Year program
2. Structure and content of the course: Italian language, Italian culture and Area study
3. How to apply
4. Why Pavia?
Admission Requirements- Possess at least 11 years of schooling from primary education to graduation at high school. - Possess an high school diploma with complete transcript of records, plus translation & declaration of value. - Being at least 17 years old. If you are 17 years old, a legal tutor is required. The student must turn 18 years old by the end of the program
Admission Deadline31st July 2023 (only in case of available places)
Head of the Marketing and Recruitment office,
Foundation Year tutor