Hotel and Event management (HEM) bachelors at Tio University (Netherlands)
Hotel and Event Management (BA)
Tio’s Hotel and Event Management bachelor programme offers you the best of two worlds: a traditional hotel management degree combined with aspects of event management.
Are you hospitable, interested in the hotel industry, an organisational talent, curious, entrepreneurial, interested in other cultures, curious about food concepts and a team player? Do you recognise yourself in these descriptions? Join our HEM webinar!
Why do students choose Hotel and Event Management?
- Tio offers accelerated studying: bachelor’s degree in just three years and an associate degree in two years.
- The hotel and catering industry has a need for well-trained managers.
- Event management and the hotel industry are closely related. Therefore: hotel management combined with event management.
- You study at the Netherlands’ best hotel management programme (for seven years, Higher Education Guide).
- E-commerce is an important aspect of the Hotel and Event Management programme.
- You will have many career opportunities after completing this bachelor’s degree.
- At Tio there is a strong focus on personal development and supervision.
About Tio University of Applied Sciences
Tio stands for personal, excellent and entrepreneurial education and has had an excellent reputation as a renowned educational institute for many years.
Tio ticks all the right boxes: enthusiastic lecturers, small classes (max 16 students), clear information, excellent facilities and plenty of personal attention – and all that in a wonderful atmosphere.
The intended audience of this online open day are students looking for a bachelor programme, starting in September 2022 or January 2023, with a minimum level of English of B2 (CEFR) and finishing high school this year.
- Private education with professional lecturers from the industry.
- 9 years in a row ‘Top rated programme’ and ‘best university of
applied sciences’ in The Netherlands.
- Maximum 16 students per class (on average only 11).
- Choose your favorite campus in Amsterdam or Utrecht.
You Will Learn
The HEM programme
- You will learn more about the curriculum, the projects and the internship opportunities.
- One of our excellent HEM professors will explain the teaching method at Tio University of Applied Sciences, which is focussed at “learning by doing”.
- One of our HEM students will tell you all about their course experiences and about the international opportunities during the programme.
- You will be informed about the international admissions procedure, the tuition fee, housing and package fee and visa for non-EU students.
- Did you know that non-EU students can apply for an orientation year visa from the Dutch government to stay after graduation?
- Most important, our professor and student will talk about the HEM career prospects!
Admission Requirements‘Havo, vwo (any profile), mbo4-diploma. Comparable diploma, e.g.: German Fachhochschulreife or Abitur (algemeine Hochschulreife), British GCE A-levels, French Baccalaureat, American High School (incl. a college preparatory programme) or secondary business education. English proficiency: CEFR: ≥ B2. TOEFL: iBT ≥ 75-80 points (Institutional TOEFL code Tio: 4764). IELTS academic: ≥ 6.0. Cambridge exam: ≥ 160 points / Cambridge First Certificate.
Admission Deadline1st of July 2022 for non-EU students /31 August 2022 (September 2022 intake) and 1st of November 2022 for non-EU students /31 December (January 2023 intake)