Online Open Days
Increase your employability and gain access to job placement opportunities with our finance masters at the Singapore Management University (SMU)
Duration: 1 hour
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN APPLIED FINANCE (MAF) &
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN QUANTITATIVE FINANCE (MQF)
In the last decade, the banking and finance industry has come under greater scrutiny as the paradigm of the industry continues its evolution towards better corporate governance and transparency. Our finance masters are designed with a careful balance between the theory and practice of finance. The programmes are taught by experienced faculty and competent industry professionals who will share their knowledge and skills with you. The programmes also offer ample opportunities to meet peers and industry captains in seminars, talks, internships and site visits.
The SMU Master of Science in Applied Finance (MAF) provides you with in-depth knowledge and strategic perspectives to navigate challenging financial situations. Relevant and comprehensive, it also prepares you for Chartered Financial Analyst and Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst certification.
The SMU Master of Science in Quantitative Finance (MQF) is designed to equip you with what you need to know about taming the risk while staying on top of the game. The intensive one-year post-graduate degree covers a comprehensive range of topics from pricing and hedging, risk analytics and management to quantitative trading and investment. Choose either the Singapore-based track or international track with 2 terms based at Cass Business School in London, England.
Applicants to the SMU MAF & MQF programmes must possess:
1. A good Bachelor’s degree in any undergraduate field from a reputable institution
2. A good GMAT or GRE score (GMAT test has a 5-year validity period)
3. A good IELTS/TOEFL score (TOEFL/ IELTS is required if the medium of instruction of your undergraduate studies was not in English. It must be taken within the last 2 years at the time of submitting your application.)
You Will Learn
- About the Singapore Management University’s (SMU) Lee Kong Chian School of Business (LKCSB)
- About the MAF & MQF program, structure and curriculum
- Discover how the SMU MAF & MQF programmes can help enhance or kick-start your career in finance
- Admission requirements and application procedure
Admission DeadlineMAF - APR 2019, MQF – MAY 2019
Dr Tee Chyng Wen
Associate Professor of Quantitative Finance (Practice) Academic Director
Msc in Quantitative Finance
Recruitment and Admissions